Hotel Amic Gala reviews by Tripadvisor “It was OK”

My son and I were put up here by the insurance company after we were refused to fly due to my son's chickenpox. My expectations were therefore that it wouldn't be luxurious so I wasn't too disappointed.


The plusses were that it is very close to the beach, about 2 minutes walk. The staff were friendly and spoke English well which is good as regretfully I do not speak Spanish. The male staff member in reception also acted as an interpreter for when I needed a doctor's report to say my son was able to fly. The room was kept clean as were the corridors and communal areas that we went in.


There is an eroski city supermarket nearby for drink/fruit etc for snacks in the room and there were a couple of cash points nearby up the beach road.We did manage to walk to and visit the aquarium nearby one morning and my son loved riding back on the road train along the beack. The aquarium was brilliant for my son - I would recommend it.


The minuses for me were that my room had wires coming out of behind the lamp on the wall above the bed and the related switch cover had a crack through it - in reach of a curious 4 year old is not good! The pool was so tiny we did not bother to even look at it!


The food was okay but a bit odd! However both me and my fussy child found something to eat every time we ate there. Our balcony was not at all inviting to sit out on as it was in the shade and had a boring outlook.


I did not have a positive experience of the local restaurants but to be fair that was due to having a very fussy child with me who was fed up of eating spaghetti bolognese by that point and liked nothing else but chips on the menus! That is why we ended up in the hotel restaurant. We also ate at Burger King 3 times in 4 days - definitely not my ideal choice! I think if I had been with just my husband or another adult our experience of the local restaurants would have been better and we probably wouldn't have had dinner in the hotel.


Overall I would only recommend this hotel to adults who are wanting a cheap base and are planning to be out and about most of the time.



Stayed June 2011, travelled with family




* Fecha de la estancia Junio de 2011
* Motivo de la estancia: Placer
* Viajó con familia
* Miembro desde Julio de 2011


Facebook Fan page Hotel Amic Gala
More reviews Hotel Amic Gala
More offers Hotel Amic Gala
New Pictures Hotel Amic Gala
Best internet rates Hotel Amic Gala
Other Hotels Near Hotel Amic Gala




* ¿Le recomendarías este hotel a un amigo? Sí

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g580295-d206940-r116704983-Amic_Gala-Can_Pastilla_Majorca_Balearic_Islands.html

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Mallorca Ofertas - Hoteles y vacaciones Headline Animator